Private water wells can experience inadequate or low pressure for various reasons:
- low water levels
- new irrigation system
- increased water usage
A conventional well pump will give you a 20 pound variable in pressure, leading to fluctuations in pressure. When you are watering the gardening, showering, and running the dishwasher these fluctuations will occur and can result in loss of pressure.
The constant pressure system will speed up or slow down the pump motor according to water demand. This will allow you to wash laundry, water the garden, and run the shower simultaneously without diminishing water flow.
A constant pressure system operates with a variable frequency drive controller that automatically monitors household demand. Like the cruise control on a car, the variable frequency drive speeds up or slows down the pump depending on your household water requirements. The result is reliable, constant pressure where and when you need it.
The advantages of constant pressure systems:
- Support high volume needs
- Variable speed monitors demand
- Mechanical stress on the pump is reduced
- Constant pressure regardless of fluctuation
- Saves energy consumption and costs
- Save space with a smaller pressure tank as needed
- Can easily be expanded for future needs